Saturday, January 25, 2014

Shall we?


Today as I was having lunch with my beloved hubby I asked him a question that took him by surprise!!!!! Casually, I said:" Shall we have another child?" At first what I asked didn't fully register with Wadie & he said:"What????" I repeated the question & he replied with a small hint of panic in his voice:" Is this your way of telling me that there is a bun in the oven?" 
To set things straight & before any of you gets any ideas: NO I am not Pregnant!!! 

Wadie & I have already agreed not to have any more children as we wanted to provide Tia & Dory with the very best in everything! Let's be honest nowadays if you want to give your kids the best education and a decent life then having more than two kids can be challenging!!! Right? I sometimes ask myself how did our parents raise more than two kids let along four, five, six or more!!! Maybe today's kids are more demanding than we were? Is the world we live in today so different from the one we used to live in some 20/30 years ago?

Well back to my story I really don't know what triggered that question?! I think it might be the nostalgia to the days I was a pregnant woman! Coz let's be frank, I for one love being pregnant even though pregnancy can be a little uncomfortable with the nausea, mood swings, bladder pressure, extra pounds, ache & pains that become a part of your daily life. Add to all that the fact that you won't be able to sleep on your tummy.... But on the other hand you get to experience the most precious gift of all which is growing a life inside you and feeling all those movements, little kicks & hiccups. And who would say No to getting 9 months of extra pampering by everyone especially your poor husband whom you will get to boss around & who will gladly wait on you hand & foot and fulfill all the strange food cravings you get at the oddest times. And the best advantage is that you will be able to eat whatever you want & not worry about the weight gain.... Until you deliver & then the worrying begins!!!! 

Honestly I wouldn't mind going through it again if I can skip the first three to five months of sleepless nights that follow the delivery of the precious bundle!!!! But I won't probably do it again as it takes two to Tango and my hubby & I have closed that ballroom door (Mabda2iyan)!!!! 

I conclude this post with thanking God for blessing us with our two little angels/demons Tia & Dory who are our most precious possession.

And before I  leave you.... No we shall not... For now at least...  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment