Friday, January 24, 2014

I Am an open book


This post is brought to you by a comment my sister Rola just sent me (jokingly) when I sent her the link for this blog & asked her to follow me if she wanted to know more about what is happening in my world:
“Pffff… I already feel I know the color of your bed sheets ;-)!”

Those of you who really know me are familiar with the fact that I really am an open book with nothing to hide.  And I do admit fully to the fact that I really love social media and have so many details of my life splashed all over Facebook, Instagram & now this blog!! By God I almost literally gave birth to my son Dory on Facebook as I was updating my status between contractions keeping everyone up to date with what was happening  & posting pictures of Dory mere minutes after his birth!! One of my friends bestowed on me the title of First Woman to Give Birth on Facebook!! 

I have nothing to hide & I am so in love &  proud of my family, my life, my friends, my experiences, my travels and so many other aspects of my world that I don’t mind sharing them with those I like & who are also a major part of my world. 

I am not one that can hide my feelings or suppress them. I simply cannot do it. Some might call me blunt but I call myself straight forward, honest, genuine, sincere & unfeigned. I would never be a good actress as I cannot fake emotions. I truly believe that the highest courage is to dare to appear to be what one is. I am who I am and I will never change who I am to fit the mold that others might create for me. I have nothing to hide. Love me or hate me
.
I conclude this post with the words of C. Joybell C.: “I would rather meet a person who is not amiable and who does not feel any burden to act amiable towards me, than to have the misfortune of knowing people who feel like they need to be gracious and compassionate so they will appear to be good people, whilst possessing none of those qualities within themselves! It's the latter that causes the pain in life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment