Monday, February 17, 2014

Happy Birthday Dorito

Dear Dory,

When I discovered I was pregnant with you back in 2010 I was ecstatic since I was longing for another child and wanted so badly to give Tia a sister or a brother.

I would have loved to tell you that my pregnancy with you was without a hitch but that would be lie!!!  For the first 5 months you gave another meaning to morning sickness!!! It was an all day sickness but on the bright side I lost a lot of weight & didn’t start wearing maternity cloth until I was 6.5 months pregnant!!! When the all day sickness phase was over, your dad & I decided that you should be born in Canada & I had to go live there on my own until you were born and that was the most difficult decision I ever had to take in my life. It’s true that I nearly had a nervous breakdown before we traveled, that I worried so much of how I would be able to live alone in a strange country and in the cold snowy freezing weather without friends & family, without a support system, all alone thousands of miles away from all those who love me… But you had other plans for me!!!  I believe you made a secret pact with God to make those 5 months I spent there go by smoothly. You were the one who sent me Abir & her family to be my guardian angels & my support system during those 5 months. Because who would believe that my sister’s friend from Dubai who had recently moved to Montreal & whom I had never heard off or met before, who called me on the first week of my stay there to tell me that my sister asked her to check on me was in fact living just a few floors beneath me in the same building where I had rented an apartment???!!! Some might call it coincidence but I strongly believe that it was you who made all that happen to ensure that I wasn’t alone when your dad & Tia were not there with me. You brought Abir & I together to support each other as she too was living alone with her son while her husband worked in Dubai.  You were indeed our guardian angel as Abir called you. 
 
You were also the reason I fell in love with Montreal & apparently so did you as you took your time to get out into the world. You must have known that we would go back to Kuwait as soon as your PRECIOUS Canadian Passport was in our hands so you tried to delay our departure as much as possible. Do not fear my little man as we will very soon take you back to your homeland since we want nothing but the very best for Tia & you and want you both to grow up in a country that will offer you security, respect, & a bright future. 

Your dad & I promise to love you, care for you and do all what is humanly possible to give you both the best education and the best life.

Happy Birthday my little sunshine. We Love You!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment